Sunday, December 24, 2017

Returning to DM

I have a new group going! Yay!

Holidays and one of them having a baby probably throws a lot into the... garbage disposal as far as continuing, but I have high hopes. They're all friends of mine and we play online. We even are getting a new player coming up.

The first few sessions featured 5 players (the most I have had concurrently, and it has been really interesting testing difficulty curves with them). We are playing in 5th edition, which has me constantly thinking of things the wrong way (playing only 2nd and 4th editions will do that).

The party itself is pretty diverse:

Leaf on the Wind, Tabaxi Rogue
Kumaro, Water Genasi Sorceror
Gil, Moon Elf Paladin
Floyd Tonpetty, Drunken Master Monk
Torrin, Dragonborn Cleric

We're playing online (discord in this case), with theater of the mind style combat (it saves me a ton of time in prep). It also allows me to do things like say, "You don't know where they're at" and the players really don't. Where as with game map battles the players usually have a harder time disconnecting in game info from out of game info.

So far everyone has been playing their character's really well, and I'm trying to balance keeping the game on track with some players that very much want to meme their way to victory. I often will allow absurd looking attacks, to keep them happy so that I can ignore their other...references....

No comments:

Post a Comment